Each of the four ‘active’ challenges can be completed either by Remote Control or Autonomously and there are various options available within each set of challenge rules.
Please note: points structures for the challenges are not yet finalised but will be in the coming weeks. Please do not wait for these before applying!
- Shepherd’s Pi – guide your sheep into their pen, but avoid the wolves!
- Nature’s Bounty – harvest your crop of apples, optionally collecting them as you go.
- Hungry Cattle – satisfy your cattle’s appetite by filling the feeding troughs.
- Farmyard Tours – our obstacle course challenge is a fun ride for visitors to your farm!
- Technical and Artistic Merit – create a combined video to show off your robot’s design and features.
- Blogging (optional) – record your competition progress in text, video, image and song. (No, really… song!).
Each challenge has points available and these will be added together to give you an overall score.
Robots in the same category (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Young Teams – Novices and Young Teams – Experienced) will be scored and ranked against each other.