Aim of the Challenge
- To overcome the obstacles and return the crew back safely to earth.
- Failure is not an option on this tricky course!
- The course will not be revealed until the day of the competition.
- All obstacles must be attempted.
- You may skip obstacles after first attempting them, but you will not gain points for skipped obstacles.
- You are allowed to attempt the challenge up to three times within the 7 minute time limit.
Ranking and Points
- The time taken to complete the obstacle course will be ranked and the following points awarded. Only the quickest run will count for ranking.
- 1st: 40 points
- 2nd: 32 points
- 3rd : 25 points
- 4th : 18 points
- 5th : 15 points
- 6th : 12 points
- 7th : 10 points
- 8th : 8 points
- 9th : 6 points
- 10th : 4 points
- 11th : 2 points
- 12th : 1 point
- 20 points will be awarded for each successfully completed obstacle.
- 40 additional points will be awarded if you complete all obstacles successfully (i.e. a ‘clean’ drive with no rescues and no skipped obstacles).
- For each skipped obstacle, your overall time will be increased by 20 seconds.
- Rescues of your robot are penalty-free if you’d like to re-attempt an obstacle to get the points. This, of course, comes at the expense of time.
- You must not walk on the course.
- Position yourself in a place where you can see the whole course before you start your attempt.
- You are allowed to walk around the sides of the course during the run.
- Top-heavy robots may have difficulties on some of the obstacles; keep your centre of gravity low.
- Good ground clearance may be advantageous.
- Robots with good grip and the ability to drive up slopes have done well on this challenge in the past.
Ask Questions and Discuss
You can discuss this challenge and ask questions on the discussion forum or via Discord chat.