Aim of the Challenge
- To drive the course as quickly as possible.
- The course will require you to autonomously navigate a maze of unknown design.
- A sample course design will be provided. The design of the sample course will not match exactly the real course, but it will give you some idea of the programming challenge involved.
- It is permissible to touch the walls in this challenge without penalty.
- The walls will be much higher than last year’s Minimal Maze to enable the use of distance sensors.
- It is unlikely that the course walls will be multiple colours, but this is still to be decided.
- Further rules are to be determined.
- The floor of the course will be flat.
Ranking and Points
- Competitors will be ranked according to the total time taken to drive the course three times. The robot with the shortest time will take first place.
- Points will be awarded to the top ranked robots like so:
- 1st: 40 points
- 2nd: 32 points
- 3rd : 25 points
- 4th : 18 points
- 5th : 15 points
- 6th : 12 points
- 7th : 10 points
- 8th : 8 points
- 9th : 6 points
- 10th : 4 points
- 11th : 2 points
- 12th : 1 point
Ask Questions and Discuss
You can discuss this challenge and ask questions on the discussion forum or via Discord chat.