Aim of the challenge
- Teams will blog about their experiences preparing for Pi Wars. The frequency of posts as well as subject matter will be taken into account. Posts can be on a variety of topics such as:
- Information about team members
- The design process
- Build progress
- Programming progress
- Testing progress
- Photo galleries
- You must use a blogging platform that supplies an RSS feed. This is to make the judging of the blogs manageable!
- There are many blog platforms out there that you can use, for example:
- Blog URLs should be submitted as soon as possible after acceptance into the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, please give your RSS feed address as well – it saves Mike hunting for it!
- Although blog posts can be publicised over Facebook or Twitter, please note that neither Facebook nor Twitter will be accepted as a blogging platform as RSS feeds are not possible from these sources.
- YouTube can be used for video blogging. However, you will still need an RSS-enabled blog of some sort to link to/embed those videos.
Ranking and points
Points will be awarded by an expert judge out of a maximum of 20. Only one team can be awarded the maximum points but below the maximum, some teams may receive the same points as another. Scores will be multiplied by 5 to give a maximum acquired points total of 100.
- The blogging ideas listed above are just ideas and teams are encouraged to make the blog as engaging as possible.
- The use of photographs and video is strongly encouraged.