|We are looking for companies and individuals to sponsor Pi Wars.
How can you sponsor the event?
We accept sponsorship in the following ways:
- Prizes – these will be awarded to teams at the end of competition days. Prizes can range from something small, like a USB pen drive, to something larger like a Pi itself or an add-on board for the Pi that winners can use to further explore what our favourite credit card-sized computer can do.
- Monetary donations – these help towards the overall cost of the event. Our costs relate to buying prizes, building courses, staffing catering facilities, cleaners and sundries such as programme and badge printing. We are happy to discuss with sponsors what their contribution will go towards.
- Time on the day – we have many jobs that need doing on the day including Judging, Marshalling and manning the front desk. If you have people who would be willing to help on that basis, by all means get in contact with us to discuss.
- A mixture – we’re happy to accept sponsorship as a mixture of all of the above!
Is there a minimum amount for prizes and monetary donations?
Generally, we have received donations of prizes and money between £100 and £1000. It very much depends on your budget and what kind of things you can offer as sponsorship.
How are prizes allocated?
This is a long, arduous process involving spreading all the available prizes out on tables and shuffling things around until we’ve allocated everything! 🙂 If you have any thoughts as to how your prizes/contribution can be allocated, such as for a specific category or challenge, we are happy to discuss that.
What can Pi Wars offer us in return?
- You will be invited to take part in the Marketplace at the event. Exact dimensions of available space for stands and tables will be confirmed and depends on how many sponsors are interested in attending.
- You will be entitled to free tickets to attend the event as spectators.
- Your logo will be displayed on the front page of our website (logos are displayed in a random order and will link to your website or a page of your choice).
- Your logo will be displayed on roll-up banners at the event itself (we will be asking for high-resolution logos nearer the time).
- Your advert will be displayed in our professionally-printed programme which will be distributed to all competitors and spectators (adverts are normally in full colour, sized 148 x 105mm, but this will be confirmed nearer the time).
How many people are you expecting to be at the event?
We are expecting upwards of 60 competing teams and up to 500 spectators at the event, so it’s a great opportunity for visibility with the Raspberry Pi community, including lots of movers and shakers such as bloggers, Raspberry Pi Foundation staff and more.
How can we contact you?
You can contact us by using the contact form on this page or by emailing Michael Horne at email@example.com directly.