Skip to content
Aim of the Challenge
- Robots will navigate an obstacle course of unknown design by remote control, aiming to complete the course as quickly as possible.
- All obstacles must be attempted.
- You may skip obstacles after first attempting them, but you will not gain points for skipped obstacles.
Ranking and Points
- The time taken to complete the obstacle course will be ranked and the following points awarded:
- 1st: 40 points
- 2nd: 32 points
- 3rd : 25 points
- 4th : 18 points
- 5th : 15 points
- 6th : 12 points
- 7th : 10 points
- 8th : 8 points
- 9th : 6 points
- 10th : 4 points
- 11th : 2 points
- 12th : 1 point
- 15 points will be awarded for each successfully completed obstacle.
- 10 additional points will be awarded if you complete all obstacles successfully (i.e. a ‘clean’ drive).
- For each skipped obstacle, your overall time will be increased by 20 seconds.
- You must not walk on the course.
- Position yourself in a place where you can see the whole course before you start your attempt.
- You are allowed to walk around the sides of the course during the run.
- Top-heavy robots may have difficulties on some of the obstacles; keep your centre of gravity low.
- Good ground clearance may be advantageous.
- Robots with good grip and the ability to drive up slopes have done well on this challenge in the past.