Aim of the challenge
Your robot will autonomously follow a black line approximately 15mm wide on a white background. Last year's course layout is as shown on the right - click here or on the image for a larger version. This year's course will be different but we recommend using the design for practice. The course will be placed on the floor inside a box 2.44m x 1.22m. The black line does not go to the very edge of the perimeter but instead allows a robot A3 in size to navigate safely around.
Ranking and points
Robots will be allocated 5 minutes to complete the course as many times as they can up to a maximum of 5 circuits. Each circuit of the track will be timed and the shortest time taken will count for ranking purposes.
Points will be awarded to the top finishers like so:
- 1st: 40 points
- 2nd: 32 points
- 3rd : 25 points
- 4th : 18 points
- 5th : 15 points
- 6th : 12 points
- 7th : 10 points
- 8th : 8 points
- 9th : 6 points
- 10th : 4 points
- 11th : 2 points
- 12th : 1 point
- 5 points will be awarded for each completed circuit of the course.
- The first rescue is free of points deduction.
- Subsequent rescues incur a deduction of 3 points per rescue.
- Up to and including 5 rescues are permitted after which you must abandon the challenge.
- The points will be totalled at the end of the challenge and it is not possible to go below zero points.