Aim of the challenge
To defuse as many mines as possible within the time limit.
Remote control or Autonomous.
5 minutes with 2 minutes at the start for any calibration.
- Robots will be placed inside an arena which is comprised of a 4×4 grid of opaque perspex pieces.
- A single, random square will be lit up. The robot must visit the square in question and stop with some part of the robot over the square. The mine is then considered defused and the next, random square will be lit up, and so on.
- This challenge can be tackled either using remote control or autonomously, for example using a combination of a high-mounted camera and/or light sensors.
No ranking points will be awarded for this challenge – but the points you can accumulate are comparable with other challenges.
- 55 points will be awarded for each zone correctly visited.
- 150 additional points will be awarded for visiting 10 or more zones.
- 150 points will be awarded for attempting the challenge autonomously.
- 15 points will be awarded for each zone correctly visited.
- 100 additional points will be awarded for visiting 30 or more zones.
Ask Questions and Discuss
There are a number of ways you can discuss this challenge and the competition in general.