Marbles again ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thearduinoguy 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

SteveFromReading
    Participant

Last year there was an area of the obstacle course with marbles and points were deducted for disturbing them, I don’t see anything mentioned in the rules about this kind of “non-disturbance” objective, does this mean that this won’t be a part of the course this year ? Or does it mean you reserve the right to elaborate the rules sneakily on the day 😉

Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

The obstacles are secret up to the day. Further rules for each obstacle will be given then.

SteveFromReading
    Participant

Understood, sneaky.

thearduinoguy
    Participant

Yeah I was a bit pissed off about the marbles. I know we are not meant to know what is in the course, but the rules should at least cover such occurrences if they arrive.

Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

See the ‘hints’ section.

thearduinoguy
    Participant

?

recantha
    Keymaster

We wouldn’t be able to come up with advance rules for ANY eventuality. However, the hints on the Obstacle challenge page may contain clues as to what is best in terms of robot design

thearduinoguy
    Participant

What I am getting at is that the rules should have hinted that points may be deducted for ‘lack of dexterity’ or something like that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.