Control method: Autonomous
Your robot will autonomously follow a black line approximately 15mm wide on a white background. The course layout is as shown on the right – click here or on the image for a larger version. The course will be placed on the surface of three tables, which together measure 2.2 x 1.8m. The tables will be folded down so that the maximum distance an errant robot may fall is approximately 3cm. The black line does not go to the very edge of the tables, but instead allows a robot A3 in size to navigate safely around.
Robots will be allocated 5 minutes to complete the course as many times as they can up to a maximum of 5 circuits. Each circuit of the track will be timed and the shortest time taken will count for ranking purposes.
Points will be awarded to the top finishers like so:
- 1st: 40 points
- 2nd: 32 points
- 3rd : 25 points
- 4th : 18 points
- 5th : 15 points
- 6th : 12 points
- 7th : 10 points
- 8th : 8 points
- 9th : 6 points
- 10th : 4 points
- 11th : 2 points
- 12th : 1 point
- 5 points will be awarded for each completed circuit of the course.
A penalty will be incurred if your robot leaves the track and you have to rescue it:
- The first rescue is free of points deduction.
- Subsequent rescues incur a deduction of 3 points per rescue.
- Up to and including 5 rescues are permitted after which you must abandon the challenge.
- The points will be totalled at the end of the challenge and it is not possible to go below zero points.