Here is a list of the challenges you may enter as part of the Pi Wars competition. Apart from Aesthetics and Code Quality, all challenges are optional. There is a definite benefit to entering all of the challenges as the more points you accumulate the more chance you have of winning the top prizes. It is hoped that each challenge will carry a prize associated with first place in that challenge. You will be asked nearer the time (after registration) which challenges you would like to enter to enable us to create a timetable for the event.
So, onto the list of challenges:
- Aesthetics (mandatory)
- Code Quality (mandatory)
- Line Follower – autonomous
- Obstacle Course – remote-controlled
- Proximity Alert – autonomous
- Robot Golf – remote-controlled
- Straight Line Speed Test – either autonomous or remote-controlled
- Sumo Battle – remote-controlled
- Three Point Turn – autonomous
Of the 9 challenges, 7 are what we are calling ‘active’ challenges. Of these, half are autonomous, representing a good programming challenge for any entrant!
Any questions regarding these challenges can be asked here or on the individual challenge pages.